Hi Awesome MeWe Member,
Wouldn’t it be nice if other companies did the same thing?
Second, in accordance with California regulations, we have added a “California Disclosures” section.
You have the ability to send certain types of messages through our services that automatically disappear. If you send such disappearing messages through our services they will be automatically deleted once they have been viewed or have expired.
But—and this is important—you should understand that users who see your messages can always save them, either by taking a screenshot or by using some other image-capture technology (whether that be software or even something as old-fashioned as a camera to take a photo of your device’s screen). The same common sense that applies to the Internet at large applies to MeWe as well: Don’t send messages that you wouldn’t want someone to save or share.
In most cases, once we detect that all recipients have viewed a message, we automatically delete it from our servers. And again in most cases, the services are programmed to delete the message from the recipients’ device as well. There are, however, exceptions to this general rule:
- We can’t guarantee that messages will be deleted within a specific timeframe. And even after we’ve deleted message data from our servers, that same data may remain in backup for a limited period of time.
- We may receive requests from law enforcement requiring us by law to suspend our ordinary server-deletion practices for specific information.
- As with any digital information, there may be ways to access messages while still in temporary storage on recipients’ devices or, forensically, even after they are deleted.
Do Not Track Policy
We do not allow tracking cookies and we do not allow third parties to collect any personal information on our website.
Third Party Cookies
California Privacy Rights
We do not share any personal information about our customers with any third parties unless required to do so by law.
If our practices change, we will address the issue in accordance with California Civil Code Section 1798.83
EASY OPT-OUT: Simple Instructions for Deleting Your Account
We hope that you would never want to leave us, but because we’re a company of our word, here are simple instructions for deleting your account:
- Log in and click on your name at the top right of the screen and select “My Account.”
- This will open a new window. Scroll down until you see “Delete My Account” at the bottom.
- If you are a member, owner, or admin of any groups at MeWe, another window will open and you will be asked to select either “delete your groups” or “transfer ownership. Please make your decisions and proceed.
- Select the reason why you’re deleting so we can make MeWe better.
- Enter your password to authenticate and click “Delete.”
We Want to Hear From You!
You can enjoy MeWe on all of your devices, wherever you are in the world. You are the reason we are here, so let us know what you love and anything else you’d like us to build or improve at MeWe.
Keep the feedback coming anytime by emailing us at email@example.com or click on “feedback” inside the website or app.